Invisalign in Maplewood
Straighten Your Teeth Without Braces
Do you need orthodontic treatment? Whether the recommendation came from your dentist or you’ve noticed yourself that your teeth don’t line up properly, there are a few options for treatment. If the idea of getting braces doesn’t make you smile, consider a different approach.
Invisalign is an alternative to braces that is much less noticeable. Instead of metal brackets connected by a wire, Invisalign consists of clear plastic aligners that fit over your teeth. The aligners gently shift your teeth into the desired position.
How Invisalign Works in 3 Basic Steps:
- Evaluation. Our orthodontists Dr. Nick Freda and will evaluate the position of your teeth and your bite pattern to determine what corrections are needed and whether or not you are a candidate for Invisalign. Images and scans will be made of your teeth that are used to plan your treatment.
- Treatment plan. Dr. Nick uses advanced computer software that takes the images of your teeth to create a customized treatment plan to align your teeth and bite. The orthodontist can show you a virtual simulation of how your teeth will move from start to finish. Once the treatment plan is approved by you and your orthodontist, your complete set of aligners will be created and shipped to your orthodontist’s office.
- Wear your aligners. When your aligners arrive you will return to your orthodontist for a fitting of your first aligner. You will receive the rest of your aligners with instructions on how to wear them. Most patients will wear each aligner for 1-2 weeks before switching to the next one in order. Once you have moved through all of your aligners, your treatment will be complete.
Key Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisible. The clear aligners are virtually invisible on your teeth. No one has to know that you are straightening your teeth.
- Comfortable. The smooth, flexible plastic won’t irritate your cheeks, lips, or tongue. Invisalign moves your teeth gradually with virtually no discomfort.
- Convenient. The aligners are removable, allowing you to take them out to eat and brush your teeth.
- Fast. The average patient will complete their treatment in 6-18 months.
Frequently Asked Questions About Invisalign
How much does Invisalign cost?
Invisalign is comparable to braces in terms of the cost of treatment. Average cost ranges from $3,000 to $9,000. The actual cost depends on a few different factors, but is primarily based on the extent of the orthodontic corrections you need. Individual orthodontists’ pricing and geographic area are other factors.
Does insurance cover Invisalign?
If your dental insurance includes coverage for orthodontic treatment, Invisalign should qualify. Contact your insurance provider to find out whether or not Invisalign treatment is covered.
Is Invisalign as effective as braces?
Yes, Invisalign can be just as effective as braces at correcting a variety of common orthodontic issues such as crowding, gaps, overbite, underbite, crossbite and more. However there are always pros and cons to every treatment and our office will help you decide which approach to treatment fits your lifestyle.. Your orthodontist can evaluate your teeth to determine whether or not Invisalign would be the best option for you.